GlycoEra is positioned as the leading precision protein degradation company. Bifunctional biologics (G-LyTACs),
designed by our novel and proprietary technology bind to disease-causing proteins and transport them to the
lysosome using naturally occurring endocytic receptors. We are driven to succeed together while building a culture
of learning through mentorship, experiences, cultural backgrounds, and ideas in an open and supportive
environment. Every new employee is an opportunity to build a stronger community both at work and beyond. For
further information, please visit www.glycoera.com.
Position Summary: Director, Biology role will provide intellectual and managerial oversight on various drug discovery
and drug development projects. The position requires managing scientists in US and Switzerland and will report to
the Chief Scientific Officer in our Newton, MA office.
• Work closely with the CSO to initiate and advance the programs and projects in a timely manner.
• Design and manage antibody discovery and optimization campaigns across four technologies (yeast display,
phage display, transgenic mice immunization, and rabbit immunization) multiple therapeutic areas and
• Analyze and review scientific data with high precision to confirm if studies have addressed the scientific
• Manage scientists, consolidate information, and contribute to discovery and development programs.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with our teams in the US and Switzerland, as
well as our investors and potential partnerships.
• Support BD&L to identify and execute multiple R&D collaborations.
• Invest in the growth, success, and well-being of direct reports.
• Experience in leading biology projects at CRO/biotech/pharma.
• PhD. in molecular biology, protein biochemistry, cell biology, oncology, immunology, or related field
• More than 8 years of work experience in pharmaceutical/biotech/CRO setting.
• Experience in managing direct reports with PhD in pharmaceutical/biotech/CRO environments.
• Ability to communicate effectively, interpret requirements precisely, and advance science in a timely manner
to meet aggressive timelines.
• Excellent presentation skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent team player and empathetic leader
• Strong analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
• Research experiences in Immunology-related fields (ex. autoimmune diseases and immuno-oncology)
• Willing to participate occasional global meetings outside of business hours (ex. before 8 am and after 7 pm)
• Ability to learn quickly and work effectively across multiple departments (ex. In vitro, In vivo, Business
• Highly adaptable to changes.